Size: 1,551 Ha
Location: Approximately 45km west of Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador (NFLD)
Access: Proximal to the full-service local hub of Gander, NFLD. Property is crosscut by road network including a new high voltage transmission line as well as an extensive trail network for year-round exploration.
Phase I Drilling
The 2022 Phase I drill program tested gold-in-soil and trenching anomalies highlighted in the 2020 to 2022 field programs. The Phase I drill program successfully highlighted numerous high grade and broad gold mineralization associated with gold-in-soil anomalies (Table 1)1.
- 29 holes were drilled for a total of 4,186 meters
- Identified a 1.5 kilometer mineralized corridor within the Appleton Fault Corridor which remains open in all directions.
- Gold mineralization (minimum 1 g/m Au) was encountered in over 90% of the holes drilled in 2022.
- Drilling was focused on testing soil anomalies and following up on trenching done in 2021 primarily with short 100-150 meter holes.
- WIL-22-14: 0.5 meters of 50.45 g/t Au from 11 to 11.5 meters (Photos 1 & 2)
- WIL-22-12: 37.8 meters of 0.7 g/t Au from 6.24 to 44.07 meters
- WIL-22-21: 14.4 meters of 1.51 g/t Au from 88.10 to 102.50 meters, including 4.6 meters of 2.49 g/t Au
- WIL-22-20: 30.0 meters of 0.62 g/t Au from 64.00 to 94.00 meters
Photo 1 – Visible gold within quartz carbonate veining associated with pyrite and arsenopyrite mineralization and sericite alteration in the host rock within WIL-22-14 (11.00 – 11.50 meters)
Photo 2 – Visible gold (mm scale) close up in WIL-22-14 (11.00 – 11.50 meters)
Williams Property Location Map
Williams Property Drilling 2022 Holes Results
Table 1: Williams Project Drilling Intervals1
2020 – 2022 Field Program
- Before acquiring the Williams Gold Property in 2020 only a limited amount of historical work was done on the Property including float samples which assayed up to 52 g/t Au2.
- Golden Ridge began with a Property wide 100x100m soil sample grid which highlighted numerous areas anomalous gold (>25 ppb), including 609 ppb Au in one sample.
- In 2021 and 2022 a high density 25x25m soil sampling grid focusing on key anomalies was completed with values up to 1.5 g/t Au reported.
- Prospecting discovered numerous anomalous floats samples including including one assaying 281 g/t Au.
- Extensive trenching was conducted in bedrock underlying key soil anomalies with results that included 0.5m of 1.92g/t Au and 3m of 0.40 g/t Au
Williams Property 2020 – 2022 Sample Results